Dan Norman's Ted Talk


The concepts discussed in Dan Norman's were interesting because I hadn't consciously noticed them, but as soon as he brought up an example it made total sense.  It reminded me of Bill Moggridge's iceberg metaphor-- I subconsciously understood, appreciated, and experienced these elements but never applied conscious brain effort into noticing them.  That is a skill I want to work on in the future: making a concerted effort to look at the design that goes into what I encounter on a day to day basis.  

I like to think of myself as a sort of designer, as I have been masterminding my own knitting and sewing projects for years.  More recently I have been trying to extend my design work into app and/or game design, and I think that the elements of design he outlines, specifically the visceral and behavioral elements will be useful to keep in mind and cater to in that work.   
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Redesigning the FitBit app

Metrics Versus Experience

Glossary of UX terms [ongoing]